Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Road Trip!!!

In 48 hours I will be on the road, heading West. For a long, long time. Ned and I were given a 15 passenger van to cart all our stuff out there FOR FREE! It's our church youth group's old van, fondly nicknamed the "Ghetto Van." There's a reason it has that name. So we will be driving the "Ghetto Van" out to Seattle, praying all the way that it makes it!

We'll start out to SC, then west to New Mexico, where we'll be turning north, up through Colorado. We will be passing the Garden of the gods, where Ned first asked me out. We're going to have to make a sentimental stop there, especially since it is one of the most beautiful places in the world! Then we'll be going through Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, and Oregon. Places I have been dreaming of seeing for years! And from Oregon, we'll enter into Washington, our new home. I can't wait! The trip's going to take anywhere between 4-6 days, depending on traffic and how much endurance we have to drive 12+hour days one right after another. We can't drive too much more than 60 mph with the van towing our car, so that'll slow us down quite a bit. It'll be an adventure for sure!

No comments: