Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Too Sexy for the Mac

Yay! Ned's Mom said we could use her computer while she is in Honduras (at least another year), so we no longer have to use the stinky Mac! This computer is actually even more of a dinasaur than the Mac- it is from 1998! But amazingly, it still works better. I can even view my blog :) We're definitely still on the market for a new laptop, but now the need is not so urgent and we can wait till we have a little more $.

Speaking of $, I had a job today! I will be employed until next Wednesday, when my job situation will once again be up in the air. I'm working at an insurance company . I worked there for 2 weeks about a month and a half ago, and they were so impressed with me that they called the temp agency up and asked for me to come work for them again. The temp agency is apparantly impressed with me as well-- I interviewed with them yesterday for a job in their very own office. I would be the one to interview and screen and place the temps! It would be a really great job because I would be helping people, and also because about 1/2 of the people that come in are from other countries and I love seeing all the different cultures! So now I just have to wait and hope they decide to hire me... Cheers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, it's not your mom's Mac fault; it's *what you are getting* from the web. Most sites are specific browser-oriented, that's all.

Anonymous said...

Hey there homey g funk! I am glad that the computer situation is not as urgent! I miss you!! I have an idea, instead of going to seminary, just coem to my house and my dad will teach you all he knows about the Bible and being a pastor. We will call it Rusty's little Seminary. That will be fun. We will get cable so Ned can watch movies for free and learn how to make them that way! OK?

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say some things: I hope you get that job and I am proud of you because all the people love you. I am also proud because of you volunteered to collect water! That is sooo cool! I am also happy that the body of Christ is stepping up! I love you!!