Monday, September 19, 2005

Ahoy me Mateys!

That title is in honor of National Talk Like a Pirate Day (Special thanks to Michelle for pointing that out to me). I find this a rather suitable celebration considering Ned and my current endeavors. As described in an earlier post, Ned and I spent about a month working on a yacht in Auckland, New Zealand. Well, we're thinking very seriously about doing it again. And tomorrow we're going to call up our contact, Murry Lord, to see if he can score us a job. It is exciting and a little bit scary at the same time.

We've got about 6 weeks until our lease runs out, and need to make a fast decision on whether or not to renew it. Well, since we've been here nearly 6 months and every single job prospect I've had has fallen through, we're thinking that perhaps it is time to move on. Working on a boat would be an excellent thing to move on to for several reasons:

1. It is an amazing adventure! I mean, come on! We'd be sailing around the world!
2. Ned and I would get to work together. That was one of my favorite things about when we worked the boats before.
3. We'd make lots of $! We would be making almost double what we've ever made before, and there would be no bills! Room and board- all FREE. It'd be a great way to save up for seminary and film school.
4. It would be missions! Sailors are totally an unreached people group, yet they are so interested in spiritual things!

I shared this idea with my small group today, expecting them to think I was a crazy fool for thinking such things. But they were extremely supportive and totally thought we should pursue it! So after prayer, careful consideration, and consultation with people much wiser than I, we have decided to give it a go! Anchors away!

No comments: