It's 7pm and it's still light outside! Can I just say that I LOVE daylight savings time? And I REALLY REALLY love the fact that they (whomever the "they" might be) decided to move it up several weeks so that now it comes in time for my birthday! Wahoo! I am at the Everett Library right now, looking out over the sound at a glorious, but cloudy view. There are also some naval ships in the way, but they are pretty cool, and I take them as part of the view. Fourth of July here is awesome- they stick a naval ship out in the middle of the sound and set off fireworks from it- and all the islands across the water are having their own fireworks shows, so you literally see fireworks in every direction... I love it. But that is still many months away.
Today the weather seemed to be set against me. The morning started out promising, with sunlight beginning to break through the clouds. But then in the 15 mile drive from work to school (well really, only in the last 5 miles or so) everything became clouded over and this FIERCE rain storm took over. I parked across the street from the school, and in the 30 seconds it took me to walk from the car into the building, I was DRENCHED. Completely soaked through my clothes. I was wet for hours. Within 20 minutes of arriving at school, the sun was out and it was beautiful. Grrr. So, as I was leaving school and beginning the drive home, I decided since it had turned into such a lovely sunny day, it would be a great afternoon to go to the park, where daffodils were beginning to bloom, along with the cherry trees. I was getting so excited about my idea that I did not notice it was starting to get cloudy again. I did notice when it started to pour. So I went home and took a shower and ate some dinner, and then drove to the park, and looked at it through the windshield of my car, darn it. I was not going to miss out on the daffodils. And then I came to the library. The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday buddy boy! I love you!
Post a Comment